Malden
 

Loaded with the bow section of the Lewis G. Harriman, June 16, 2011.
(Marc Vander Meulen)


Malden (C138148) is a deck cargo barge. The 150 foot long by 41 foot, 9 inch wide by 10 foot, 3 inch deep vessel was built at Owen Sound by Russel Bros. Ltd. in 1946. The ship was ordered by J. Earl McQueen of Amherstburg but moved to McQueen Marine Ltd. in 1947 and A.B. McLean Ltd. in 1951. Equipped with a crane, Malden has with six cargo holds each with a 5,760 cubic foot capacity. The 580-gross-ton barge joined Purvis Marine Ltd. in 1994.


Adapted with permission from "The Ships of the Purvis Marine Fleet" by Buck Longhurst, Skip Gillham.



Barge Particulars
Length 150' 00" (45.72m)
Beam 41' 00" (12.5m)
Depth 9' 10" (3.0m)
Capacity 1,075 tons

 


Loaded with the bow section of the Lewis G. Harriman, June 16, 2011.
(Marc Vander Meulen)

Downbound at Mission Pt.
(Marc Vander Meulen)

Pushed up to the shore to unload the bow section.
(Marc Vander Meulen)


More pictures from our archives


Return to Great Lakes & Seaway Shipping    Great Lakes Fleet Photo Gallery
Copyright Boatnerd.com. All Rights Reserved.