Martin E. Johnson
IMO 5401297

Tied up at the Purvis West Dock with the BBC Ontario behind, Aug. 14, 2005..
(Roger LeLievre)


The tug Martin E. Johnson (C188403) was built for American Can of Canada in 1959. The 47' x 16' x 7' vessel was constructed by Russel Bros. Ltd. of Owen Sound, ON. The 26-gross-ton ship is equipped with a Cummins Model NVH-12 diesel engine of 600 horsepower. The ship served American Can until the sale to Purvis Marine Ltd. in 1984.


Adapted with permission from "The Ships of the Purvis Marine Fleet" by Buck Longhurst, Skip Gillham.



Tug Particulars
Length 47' 00" (14.33m)
Beam 16' 00" (4.88m)
Depth 7' 00" (2.13m)
Engine Power 600 bhp diesel

 


Tied up at the Purvis West Dock with the BBC Ontario behind, Aug. 14, 2005.
(Roger LeLievre)

Departing the MacArthur Lock during the Tugboat Parade, June 30, 2006.
(Roger LeLievre)

In Soo Harbor during the Tugboat Races, June 30, 2007.
(Matt Miner)

Pulling into the MacArthur Lock during the Tugboat Parade, June 27, 2008.
(Matt Miner)

Crossing Soo Harbor, June 28, 2008.
(Matt Miner)

Along side the Adanac and Wilfred M. Cohen at the Purvis Dock, July 29, 2009.
(Roger LeLievre)

In the MacArthur Lock during the Tugboat Parade, July 1, 2010.
(Roger LeLievre)

Tied up at the south end of Essar Steel, June 24, 2011.
(Matt Miner)


More pictures from our archives


Return to Great Lakes & Seaway Shipping    Great Lakes Fleet Photo Gallery
Copyright Boatnerd.com. All Rights Reserved.