The barge Tecumseh II was built as Hull 1045 by the Bergeron Machine Shop of St. Bernard, LA. The vessel joined Marinac Inc. as U-727 in 1975.
The 180 foot long by 54 foot wide by 12 foot deep barge was sold to the Lower Lakes Towing Company and registered at Port Dover, ON, on October 30, 1995, as Tecumseh II (C817031).
This was the first vessel in the Lower Lakes fleet, and since that time the company has expanded to include a variety of powered self-unloading and straight-deck bulk carriers.
Tecumseh II operated as a self-unloading deck barge but became expendable as Lower Lakes expanded. The 854-gross-ton ship joined Purvis Marine Ltd. in 1996 and remains active on
the company’s behalf.
Adapted with permission from "The Ships of the Purvis Marine Fleet" by Buck Longhurst, Skip Gillham.